Image content on world dress and fashion throughout history. Limited to 1 simultaneous user.
The Berg Fashion Library is a unique online portal which offers fully cross-searchable access to an expanding range of Berg content collections – including the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion online, e-books, reference works, images, and much more.
Index to biographical information in various sources.
Indexes current, readily available reference sources, as well as the most important retrospective works that cover individuals, both living and deceased, from every field of activity and from all areas of the world.
• Biographical dictionaries and who's whos, which supply information on a number of individuals.
• Subject encyclopedias, which include some biographical entries.
• Volumes of literary criticism, which may contain only a limited amount of biographical information but give critical surveys of a writer's works.
• Indexes, which refer the user to a body of information found elsewhere.
Periodical coverage of Biography Index, full-text articles, page images, and abstracts from Wilson databases (including biographical profiles, feature articles, interviews, essays, book reviews, performance reviews, speeches, or obituaries).
• Coverage of more than 600,000 individuals
• Over 2.2 million records
• Links to over 300,000 related full-text articles, as well as abstracts and images from thousands of periodicals
• Over 35,000 images
• Substantive narrative profiles averaging 3,000 words in length
Searchable texts of non-fiction work by prominent African Americans, 1700 to present.
Contains 1,297 sources with 1,098 authors, covering the non-fiction published works of leading African Americans. Particular care has been taken to index this material so that it can be searched more thoroughly than ever before. Where possible the complete published non-fiction works are included, as well as interviews, journal articles, speeches, essays, pamphlets, letters and other fugitive material.
As of February 26, 2016, MTSU no longer offers access to the Bloomberg financial database. For additional assistance, please visit the MTSU Library Reference desk on the 1st floor, call 615-898-2817, or send us an email.
Citations and full-text book reviews from leading publications, 1983 to the present.
Reviews of serious, academic works. Subject coverage includes art, biography, business, education, general interest, history, humanities, literature, library and information sciences, music, religion, science and technology, social sciences.
• Over 2 million review citations, many with generous excerpts, from review sources such as newspapers, popular magazines, and academic journals with more than 118,000 new reviews added each year
• Over 270,000 full-text reviews from more than 1,400 American, British, and Canadian periodicals
Index of book reviews, 1965-present. Updated daily.
Comprehensive source that electronically indexes book reviews from 1965 to the present. Searchable by author, date, illustrator, audiobook reader, review length, reading level, review source, review type, reviewer, or review title.
• More than 146,000 titles in a continually growing list
• All books are recommended by librarians or other experts, are award winners or appear on bestseller lists
• 54,000 authors are represented via biographies and other resources
• 40,000 nonfiction titles are included in business, biography, science and more
• Fiction selections reflect the genres readers like best: mystery, science fiction, inspirational, romance,
nonfiction, western, horror and fantasy
Browsable newsstand of the library's top journals. Easily find, read, and monitor thousands of scholarly journals. Not all MTSU journals are available via BrowZine. See the BrowZine research guide for more information
Including leading business magazines and trade and research journals for business research.
• Full-text articles for nearly 460 publications dating back to 1982
• Indexing and abstracts for nearly 880 publications dating back to 1981
• Over 600,000 corporate names with cross references to specific industries and countries
• Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) and North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) industry and product codes for over 190,000 subject terms
2015, Middle Tennessee State University, a Tennessee Board of Regents institution, 1301 East Main Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37132-0001 USA +1.615.898.2300
Middle Tennessee State University, in its educational programs and activities involving students and employees, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, or age. Furthermore, the university does not discriminate against veterans or individuals with disabilities.