Need a space where a group can watch a digital video or movie together? Check out our Library Spaces page for several possibilities. Groups of 4-8 may use a Group Study room, all of which are equipped with computers. Larger groups may reserve one of the Meeting Places. VHS tapes may be viewed in room 114D. Viewings should be academically-related and must not exceed reasonable noise levels.
For individual viewing, check out a pair of headphones from the Technology Services Desk and grab any available computer.
Finding a DVD
You can use the Library Catalog basic search box to locate DVDs in the Library.
1. From the Library Home page, click on Catalog.
2. Type your search term(s). Click Search.
Once you find a dvd you want, go to the Circulation desk on the 1st floor, to check it out. Students must view videos in the Library.
More Info / Source(s)
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!
Finding a Specific Video
1. Type the desired title in the search box. i.e. "money driven medicine".
2. Change "All" to "videos" and press "Go".
3. "money driven medicine" shows two results. The first is a streaming media version; the second is the physical copy DVD.
4. Select the version you wish to use.
5. The dvd is available at the Walker Library Circulation Desk. You'll need the call number to check it out.
Audio materials include books on cd (call no. G) and audiocassettes (call no. A). Both are considered audiobooks. The most recent items display first. You should not see audiocassettes unless the title you specified is only available in that format. We are no longer purchasing audiobooks for the collection.
How to find a list of audiobooks using the Library Catalog
From the Library home page, select the Catalog tab. Click on Advanced Search.
1. Type audiobooks in the Search For box; choose Subject from All Fields.
2. From Limit to select CD as the Format and Media Collection as the Location.
3. Click on Find.
One more thing.... Select Sort and choose Date Descending from the list for the most recent audiobooks.
The EBSCO Discovery Search Box can be used to find many types of materials. These directions will show you how to find audiobooks in the Media Collection of Walker Library.
Finding Audiobooks (Title)
1. Type in the desired title. i.e. "the girl with the dragon tattoo".
2. Change "All" to "audio" and press "Go".
3. "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" shows up at the top.
4. Information for location, call no. and availability will display. i.e. Availability: On the shelf
Finding Audiobooks (Keywords)
Follow the same directions above except enter keywords i.e. audiobooks fiction for a broader search of what's available.
Or try audiobooks psychology, audiobooks mystery for various genre types.
If you'd like to see what's available in audiobook format with no genre specified, type audiobooks.
Note: Make sure audio is selected from the pull down menu. Step 2.