Kanopy is a multidisciplinary streaming video platform with over 20,000 videos from the world's prominent filmakers and producers.
Kanopy allows you to:
1. Link to clips and playlists you create
2. Link to individual titles listed in the catalog
3. Embed code for each video i.e. use in D2L
4. Instructions for embedding videos
5. Some videos have captions / transcripts
Note: You need to create an account first before being able to create or manage a playlist.
Instructors: Some Kanopy videos contain closed captioning. If you plan to show or assign a Kanopy title that is not captioned, please click "Report" below the video player for the film in question and request captioning. Kanopy will respond to you within 48 hours to confirm that captions are now available.
How to embed video from Kanopy
1. Find the video you wish to embed and go to that video's page
2. On the video page, click the EMBED button to get the code.
3. Copy / paste the code to embed the video into D2L* or a Web page
*Note: The current best practice for sharing videos inside D2L is to use the URL or permanent link rather than the embed code. There is a confict between the secure content of D2L and the non-secure video thus preventing videos from playing unless browser security settings are changed.
1. Display the video you wish to link to.
2. Click on the "Share" button and copy the link.
3. Paste the URL into your web page or content in D2L.