Selected Videos from the Collection
Money, Power, and the Markets
Find Videos and Audiobooks in the Library
VHS, DVDs, Streaming Videos, and Audiobooks
Search the Media Collection: Videos and audiobooks may be checked out from the circulation desk on the 1st floor. Items are not currently on public display. Please ask a circulation staff member for assistance retrieving an item.
Need a space where a group can watch a digital video or movie together? Check out our Library Spaces page for several possibilities. Groups of 4-8 may use a Group Study room, all of which are equipped with computers. Larger groups may reserve one of the Meeting Places. VHS tapes may be viewed in room 114D. Viewings should be academically-related and must not exceed reasonable noise levels.
For individual viewing, check out a pair of headphones from the Technology Services Desk and grab any available computer.
Find Videos Using the Library Catalog.
Finding a Video
Title /Keyword Search
1. If you know the exact title, choose Title from the Any Field box to the left.
2. If unsure of the exact title, leave Any Field as the default.
3. Enter the title or keywords in the search box. i.e money driven medicine.
4. In the Location box, highlight Instructional Media Resources (LRC).
5. Click Submit.
6. The search results appear. If you searched an exact title, the item should be displayed at the top. Keyword searches may require scrolling through the results to find the title you wanted.
For Faculty: How to Book a Media Item for use in the classroom.
1. Use the Library Catalog box to find the desired item.
2. Click on the Book This Material link to book media online.
3. Enter your Pipeline User Name and Password. Click Login.
4. Select a location. Choose Media Library Walker Library Circulation Desk
5. Available dates appear in green on the calendar. Click Next to move to a different month.
6. Select the Month, Day, and Year you wish to use the film.
7. Click Submit to process the request. Or Cancel if you change your mind.
8. The item(s) will be available at the Circulation Desk on the first floor for pick up.
For more detailed instrucitons, see the Booking Media tab.
Find Audio Materials Using the Library Catalog.
Audio materials include books on cd (call no. G) and audiocassettes (call no. A). Both are considered audiobooks. Since the most recent items display first, you should not see audiocassette titles, unless the title you want is ONLY available in that format. i.e. atlantis found.
Finding a Specific Audiobook (Title)
1. If you know the exact title, change Keyword from the pulldown menu to Title.
2. Enter the desired title words into the search box. i.e girl with the dragon tattoo
3. Below, the search boxes, using the arrows, change View Entire Collection to Media Library (LRC).
4. Click Submit.
5. If you searched an exact title, the item should be displayed at the top with the:
LOCATION CALL No. STATUS
Media Library - Walker Library - Circulation Desk G00300a ON SHELF/Date Due
6. Take the call number information to the Circulation Desk on the first floor.
7 A staff member will retrieve the item for you and check it out.
Finding audiobooks in General (Keyword)
1. Leave Any Field as the default in the pulldown menu.
2. Enter the desired title words into the search box: i.e. audiobooks mystery
4. Below, the search boxes, using the arrows, change View Entire Collection to Media Library (LRC).
5. Click Submit.
6 The results will include any audiobooks in this particular genre in the collection.
7. Select the title you want and take the call number to the Circulation Desk on the first floor.
7. A staff member will retrieve the book and check it out to you.
Note: You may also do a very general search like audiobooks which retrieves all audiobooks in the collection (hopefully).
Find Video Materials with the New Search Box
The EBSCO Discovery Search Box can be used to find many types of materials. These directions will show you how to find dvds, vhs tapes, held in the Media Collection of Walker Library.
Finding a Specific Video
1. Type the desired title in the search box. i.e. "money driven medicine".
2. Change "All" to "videos" and press "Go".
3. "money driven medicine" shows up first in the results.
4. Notice the information for finding the title: Location Media Library - Walker Library - Circulation Desk, Call. No. B02102a Availability ON SHELF display.
5. Take the call number (B02102a) to the Circulation Desk on the first floor. A staff member will retrieve the video and check it out to you.
For Faculty: How to Book this Material using the EDS Search Box.
1. If you are on the search results page, click Check Library Availability link.
2. The catalog record comes up and Book This Material is available.
3. Click on Book This Material to reserve your film for use in the classroom. For more detailed instructions, please see the Reserves/Booking Module page.
Find Audio Materials with the New Search Box
The EBSCO Discovery Search Box can be used to find many types of materials. These directions will show you how to find audiobooks in the Media Collection of Walker Library.
Finding Audiobooks (Title)
1. Type in the desired title. i.e. "the girl with the dragon tattoo".
2. Change "All" to "audio" and press "Go".
3. "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" shows up at the top.
4. Information for location, call no. and availability will display. i.e. Availability: On the shelf
Finding Audiobooks (Keywords)
Follow the same directions above except enter keywords i.e. audiobooks fiction for a broader search of what's available. Or try audiobooks psychology, audiobooks mystery for various genre types. If you'd like to see what's available in audiobook format with no genre specified, type audiobooks.
Note: Make sure audio is selected from the pull down menu. Step 2.
Selected Audiobooks from the Collection